Early Career Teacher Programme
Early Career Teachers (ECTs) joining Myton from September 2021 will join our Early Career Teacher Programme (this replaces our Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Programme).
Myton School works with Futures Teaching Alliance, in partnership with Best Practice Network to provide an Early Career Development Programme, supporting Early Career Teachers to develop the skills and confidence needed to flourish in the classroom.
Designed to follow seamlessly from Initial Teacher Training, the 2-year induction programme gives ECTs structured support based on the Early Career Framework.
What does the Early Career Development Programme involve?
The Early Career Development Programme will provide you with a 2-year package of professional development, to ensure a high-quality and supportive induction to your career in teaching.
You will be appointed both an Induction Tutor, and Mentor – experienced teachers, who will provide you with key support during the programme.
Specific training content of the programme includes:
- Behaviour management
- Professional behaviours
- Classroom strategies to support pupil learning and wellbeing
- The reflective capacity to evaluate your teaching
The programme uses a range of training delivery methods, including;
- Online conferences at the start of each year, with keynotes and workshops from leading practitioners.
- Face-to-face training hosted by local delivery partners with local expert facilitators.
- Online facilitated workshops with expert facilitators.
- Self-directed study.
If you have any questions about our Early Career Development Programme, please contact us on 01926 493805 or email Lucy Hall on email@example.com.