In recognition of anti-bullying week we held our Make Some Noise disco last Friday lunchtime. All students invited to the disco had been identified as standing up against bullying in some way, either by flagging instances of bullying, or by putting themselves forward as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors. As you can see they had a lot of fun!
for week ending Friday, 1 December 2023.
Harvey and Charlie have been making 2 Gates for the new extraction unit outside the DT block.
This has been part of their enrichment activities on a Wednesday afternoon.
All the materials used have been recycled using wood pallets and framework timber from the new 6th form building. A job well done!
Please see details below should you need some support at Christmas.
We are really pleased to advise that our new catering marquee is now in place at the front of Reception. Additional seating is now available and the catering areas are detailed below together with a list of what can be purchased in each area. Well done to AiP staff and our students for their patience over these past few months.
WCC have advised that there will be roadworks/2 way traffic lights outside the school from Thursday 7 December to Monday 11 December 2023. Please be aware that this may cause delays and you may wish to add some extra time to your journeys or use alternative routes if possible.
Please see below link to a consultation from The Rt Hon Gillian Keegan MP, Secretary of State for Education. This consultation invites parents, students and staff to give their views on minimum service levels and features the following two options:
- The first option focuses on prioritising attendance for vulnerable children and young people; exam groups; and children of critical workers.
- The second option focuses on prioritising all pupils in primary school, and priority cohorts in secondary and Further Education settings.
- The consultation also seeks to gather evidence on the impacts of strike action in higher education, and the case for minimum service levels covering this sector.
This consultation will be open for 9 weeks from 28 November 2023 – 30 January 2024.
Don’t miss the opportunity to see our talented students performing in the latest presentation from the Drama Department. Details below:
Wednesday 13th December, Thursday 14th December and Friday 15th December 2023
Venue: Myton School Hall @ 7pm
Cost: Adults £4, Children/Students £3
Tickets are now available to purchase from your ParentPay account
Friday 8 December 2023 will be our whole school Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save the Children. It is planned to be a non-blazer day only (please ensure your child wears the rest of their normal school uniform). The theme will be a Christmas or cosy jumper (no hoodies please), so there is no need to go out and buy a Christmas jumper especially for the day. If your child would like to further add to the Christmas theme with tinsel, Christmas socks etc, this will be welcomed!
All donations will go to the charity Save the Children. Please make all donations (minimum £1) using your ParentPay account. Our last non-uniform day raised £1500 for Children in Need and we are extremely grateful for the way our families support others.
We look forward to seeing lots of Christmas cheer!
Weekly Newsletter Archives
- 24 November 2023 – 1 December 2023
- 17 November 2023 – 24 November 2023
- 10 November 2023 – 17 November 2023
- 3 November 2023 – 10 November 2023
- 27 October 2023 – 3 November 2023
- 20 October 2023 – 27 October 2023
- 13 October 2023 – 20 October 2023
- 6 October 2023 – 13 October 2023
- 29 September 2023 – 6 October 2023
- 22 September 2023 – 29 September 2023