We believe that all students should be equally valued and safe in school. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse learning atmosphere where everyone can flourish. In the LINC (Learning, Inclusion & Nurture Centre) we assist students with varied education, health and social care needs and help their parents/carers. We also support with social, emotional and mental health needs.
We address the various barriers to learning of all students ranging from:
- Cognition and Learning
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Physical and Sensory Needs
- Medical Conditions and Disabilities
The LINC team
The LINC was created with a clear vision of the importance of assisting students who have challenging and varied needs. We work together as a specialised, highly successful team including:
- Shabana Akram – SENCo
- Carolyn Haines – Student Welfare & Support Manager
- Sally Montague – Senior Behaviour Manager/The Inclusion Centre
- And our teams of Teaching Assistants, Behaviour and Engagement staff, English as Additional Language Specialists, Student Support, Administrative Support and numerous highly qualified external professional agencies.
The Inclusion Centre
In the Inclusion Centre, we work with selected students – in collaboration with their parents and teachers – to provide additional support to enable them to achieve their full potential and fully integrate into the Myton community.
- social development courses to help our students grow as people
- nurture courses for students in Year 7 and 8 to help them settle into life at Myton School and form relationships with their peers
- extra sessions on key subjects to help reinforce students’ learning
Miss Montague and Mrs Dulley are both part of the school Safeguarding Team.
We are all Early Help trained in order to support families further inside and outside of school.
How we support social, emotional and mental health needs at Myton
At Myton we believe in promoting positive Mental Health and emotional wellbeing to ensure that the School is a community where everyone feels safe, supported and able to thrive.
If you would like information on the support available for Pupil Premium students at Myton, please go to Pupil Premium Funding.