Sixth Form Dress Code
Myton Sixth Form has high standards and this includes our dress code that is appropriate for a formal working environment. The vision is that being well dressed promotes a serious approach to study.
The code applies to all students whenever they are on site and should be followed during the exam season as well. Coats should not be worn in lessons.
- A suit is the most suitable outfit for Sixth Form study
- Smart blouses/shirts/tops
- Smart pullovers, cardigans, waistcoats
- Formal coat
- Leather/faux leather shoes with a suitable heel
- Smart shirts with all buttons done up at the front and tie
- Blazer jackets/formal jacket with a collar
- Formal trousers/skirts/suits
Items specifically excluded from the dress code
Jeans, jean-type trousers, denim jackets, denim shirts or denim skirts, logo T-shirts/sweatshirts, shirt dresses, baseball pumps, Converse trainers, sports trainers/pumps, TOMs, Doc Marten boots, UGG boots, leather clothing items, cargo pants, lycra/body con, tube skirts, shorts of any type, long or short dungarees, dungaree dresses, playsuits, low cut tops, shoe string strapped tops, leggings on their own, trousers that look like tracksuit bottoms, caps, hats and beanies, hoodies, spacer ear rings, hoop/ring facial piercings.
Download sixth form dress code posters