Every spring, The Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP) invites reading groups in libraries, schools, etc to get involved with ‘shadowing’ the judging process for the CILIP Carnegie and Kate Greenaway Children’s Book Awards. In other words, the students read, discuss and review the books on each shortlist alongside the judges.
If you are in Year 9 or 10 and would like to register to join Myton School’s Carnegie Shadowing group, please see Mrs Thompson or Mrs Drage in the LRC.
This year’s shortlisted books are:
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Rebound by Kwame Alexander
- The House with Chicken Legs by Sophie Anderson
- Bone Talk by Candy Gourlay
- A Skinful of Shadows by Frances Hardinge
- Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- The Land of Neverendings by Kate Saunders