Last week was Inter Faith Week and our theme was striving for harmony in a world of conflict.
The following activities took place around school;
- Year 7 made stained glass windows based on religious symbols, after examining each religion’s general belief about freedom and harmony.
- Year 8 coloured in Diyas after learning the meaning of Diwali and Bandi Chhor Divas and how it is a great example of faiths coming together.
- Year 9 made prayer flags after looking at the conflict in the Middle East and how the lives of children are being affected.
- Year 10 studied the history of the conflict between Israel and Palestine and will spend further lessons thinking about the solutions and the future.
A different activity took place every lunchtime;
- Pupils made lanterns as light is a symbol of hope.
- Pupils joined in the Diwali and Bandi Chhor Divas celebrations with Henna and Rangoli.
- Pupils filled our tree of hope with messages for the children involved in conflict.