THE FRIENDS OF MYTON SCHOOL (FOMS)
When your child starts at Myton you automatically become a member of the PTA, the Friends of Myton School. Anyone from the school community can be an active member of the Friends; parents new and old, grandparents, governors and friends.
Valuable contributions the association has made include:
- £6,000 towards redecorating and refurbishing the sixth form common room
- £8,200 for the new English department to equip an entire classroom with state of the art desks and equipment.
- £2,000 donated towards the new projector for Upper School Hall
- £1,000 for a dye sublimation printer
- £800 for modern foreign language equipment
- £520 for Relate sessions for older pupils
- £250 for prizes and events
- £49 for the pet club
But the Friends is not just about raising money. For example, selling refreshments at shows and concerts is a responsibility of the PTA which serves to make the events more enjoyable and sociable occasions.
Your support and contributions are greatly appreciated and, as you can see, the Friends can make a REAL difference to the learning and teaching environment for our students. However, the PTA needs your on-going support to ensure they can continue to contribute. If you can help in any way please contact the committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOMS have recently set up a second-hand uniform shop which they hold in Upper School Reception on the first Thursday of every month between 4pm and 5pm.
Any donations of unwanted uniform in good condition can be handed in to Upper School Reception.
Chair – Jon Chambers
Treasurer – Sarah Gutteridge
Committee members – Raj Dhoot, Sue Fardoe, Dal Purewal, Herninder Khangura, Bal Sahota.
Please find below the link to the Charities Commission website where you can enter Friends of Myton School in the Charity Search facility.