London School of Economics’ Undergraduate Political Review Essay Competition 2023 is now open.
Year 12 and 13 students are invited to submit an essay in response to ONE of the following:
- “The management of Artificial Intelligence technology should be the biggest priority for the international community.” To what extent do you agree?
- “Democracies would be better off without political parties.” Discuss.
- Can International Organisations fight climate change effectively?
The essay should be no more than 1,000 words long, including all in-text citations, footnotes and headings but excluding title and bibliography. Further details and submission specifics can be found in this Information Guide.
The completed essay can be submitted here.
Deadline for submission is 23:59 on Tuesday 10 October.
This year’s first place prize is as follows:
- £100 Amazon Voucher
- Certificate signed by Professor Paul Kelly, Head of the LSE Department of Government
- Essay published in the LSEUPR blog
- The opportunity to attend and to present your essay at the LSEUPR Annual Conference 2024