Enterprise and entrepreneurship BTEC
Mrs Foster – email@example.com
Examining board & Qualification
Pearson – BTEC
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English. At least a grade 3 in Maths. If studying Business, at least a grade 4 or Pass in Level 2 OCR.
“True insight into creating a business.”
“Allows you to be independent.”
“Lots of help and support.”
WHY STUDY THIS SUBJECT?
The BTEC National Diploma Level 3 in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship offers you the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification which enables you to understand enterprise and entrepreneurship and to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attitudes which are essential for successful performance in working life.
WHAT SKILLS WILL I DEVELOP?
- How to assemble data and assess it.
- How to investigate facts and use deduction.
- How to put over your point of view fluently.
- How to work as a team to achieve results.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The mandatory units are:
- Unit 1: Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Unit 3: Personal & Business Finance
And the optional units are:
- Unit 7: Social Enterprise
- Unit 8: Enterprise and Intrapreneurship in Practice
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The new BTEC in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship uses a combination of assessment styles: including written exams, internally marked assignments and externally marked tasks:
- Unit 1: Enterprise and entrepreneurship (internally assessed)
- Unit 2: Developing a marketing campaign (externally assessed by Pearson)
- Unit 3: Personal & Business Finance – Examination (externally assessed by Pearson)
- Unit 7: Social Enterprise (internally assessed)
- Unit 8: Enterprise and intrapreneurship in Practice (internally assessed)
WHAT ARE MY POST-18 OPTIONS?
This BTEC Level 3 will get you started in business and give you the skills and knowledge to progress to higher education, run your own business or pitch for employment.
WHAT EXTRA-CURRICULAR OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE?
- Lead Learner
- Enterprise and Business Courses
- Business Visits and Seminars