The Curriculum at Myton
What is your child learning at Myton?
Please click on the following subject names to go to the overview of the topics your child is learning in our core subjects:
Religion, Ethics and Philosophy
British Values and the Prevent agenda
Please select the Curriculum map 2019-20 which will help to explain the progression of learning and will include the current list of subjects available at GCSE and BTEC.
Download a document explaining the school’s setting arrangements: Setting arrangement 2019-20
Key Stage 3
In Years 7 & 8 students cover a core curriculum of:
English, Maths, Science, REP (Religion, Ethics and Philosophy) and Physical Education.
In addition, all students are taught a broad curriculum including arts, humanities, computing and languages:
- Arts: Art, Drama, Music, DT (Design & Technology) – a variety of DT subjects including Resistant Materials, Textiles, Graphics and Food
- Technology: (in Year 8 our students also have STEM lessons – with a practical focus on applied Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Humanities: Geography and History
- Computing Science
- Languages: Spanish for our current Year 7, with the chance to study a second language of either French or German in Year 8. French for our current Year 8, with some students studying a second language of either Spanish or German.
- For those students who need it, there is also our Accelerated Literacy and/or Accelerated Numeracy, where additional time is spent supporting progress in English, Maths or both.
Find out what ‘Developing’, ‘Secure’ and ‘Exceeding’ means for each subject in Year 7: Year 7 Assessment by Subject
Download the presentation from our Year 7 Parents Information Evening: Y7 Parents Information Evening 2019
Key Stage 4
In Key Stage 4 (Years 9, 10 & 11) students follow the core curriculum and their option subjects. In the core subjects, students are taught in groups that are broadly of the same ability; option subjects are taught in mixed ability classes.
In Years 9-11 students cover a core curriculum of:
English, Maths, Science, REP and Physical Education (non-examined)
In addition, all students are encouraged to continue a broad curriculum by selecting FOUR option subjects to GCSE or BTEC from a guided choice. Find out more about the option choices on the Year 8 Options page.
In the sixth form, students are able to select A levels and Level 3 BTEC qualifications. Some students will study three subjects; others will study four. In addition to their main subjects, students are prepared for the Extended Project Qualification (half an A level) and follow a programme of enrichment and PSHE.
Please select the Sixth Form area of this website for detailed information on sixth form courses and opportunities or download a summary of our Programme of study – 16-19
Should you have any questions about the curriculum please contact Mr Simon Jones – Email: email@example.com, Deputy Head Teacher responsible for curriculum strategy, or the Heads of Department (you can find their email addresses here) with specific questions about subject content.
Documents and Information
Home learning and reflection activities guide for students
Curriculum statement 2019-20
Promoting British Values Policy