Year 9 Cornwall Trip 2017
As part of our Key Stage 3 diploma at Myton, our students are working to develop essential life skills and learning habits like self-control, grit, tenacity, confidence, ambition and humility. This is taught in the classroom, but learning is certainly enhanced in a real-life environment, outside school. We therefore offer all Year 9 students the opportunity to attend a 3-day outdoor activity skills trip to Newquay, Cornwall.
Your child will attend one of the 3 identical trips on the following dates:
- Friday 16th – Monday 19th June
- Friday 23rd – Monday 26th June
- Friday 30th June – Monday 3rd July 2017
What’s involved in the trip?
The trips will all comprise return travel by coach to Newquay, Cornwall— 4 activity days and 3 nights full board.
- Day 1: Depart Myton School at 7am. Morning travelling – 11.30am. Afternoon and evening at Tolcarne Beach Activity Centre Newquay, activities may include: surfing, body boarding, team games– slack lining, assault course, archery, water polo.
- Day 2: Full day at Swanpool Beach Activity Centre Falmouth, activities may include: canoeing, SUPing, coasteering, sailing, raft building, beach games, sailing. Evening beach games on Tolcarne beach in Newquay.
- Day 3: Full day at Tolcarne Beach Activity Centre Newquay, activities may include: surfing, body boarding, team games– slack lining, assault course, archery, water polo. Evening barbecue on beach.
- Day 4: Morning visit to Newquay’s Sea Life Centre and then afternoon free for shopping in Newquay. Depart at 4pm
Non-swimmers are welcome; no activities are compulsory—everyone in Year 9 is invited and encouraged to go! This is an amazing experience that has been running at Myton School for over 17 years, and we’re keen for as many students as possible to join in the adventure. All activities are taught by qualified, nationally approved instructors, accompanied by Myton School staff. All equipment, such as wet-suits, boards, buoyancy aids, helmets, harnesses, etc. will be provided. Full insurance is included.
How much does the trip cost?
The anticipated cost of the stay will be approximately £305. This will include accommodation in a hotel in Newquay, transport, meals, instruction, equipment and essential expenses.
Payment can be in one amount or regular instalments. The method of payment is via ParentPay. Full payment must be received by 1st May 2017.
How to book a place
We require a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of £55 to request a place by at least the end of November 2016. On receipt of a deposit, your child’s place will be automatically accepted, although we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of a place, at any time, should a student be unable to conduct him or herself appropriately in school between now and the departure. Please pay the £55 deposit via ParentPay. Receipts will not be given, parents should keep a record of payments made. The initial deposit is a non-refundable deposit which is paid to book the trip.
NOTE: – If a student withdraws within 12 weeks of the trip they will still be liable for the full payment of £305.00.
Help with the cost
If you would like your son/daughter to attend this trip but are concerned about financing it, please contact the school’s Finance Office as soon as possible to discuss what funding assistance you may be eligible for.
Letters and documents